2014年7月7日星期一

Pantry

  Today we visited the Dorothy Day Food Pantry. It was the first time to know this kind of institution of welfare. People who volunteer to work in the house to manage the food and clothing to give to people who need for free. There were many kinds of food and furniture donated by warm-heart people. We try to help them put food into the good shelf. We made it in the short time. It was hard to imagine how two or three people to finish it! I think it is a hard work. The most expressive to me was the man who has worked for the president Johnson. His passion on helping people toughed me so much. He said he likes the feeling when saw the happiness on people's face. It was the reason why he keeps doing this job for three years. It is hard to copy this management into my country, China. But I can also join the organization to help people.
   In my college there are many clubs and organizations to help poor people who needs help. The most high productive is Sicheng. It has built a school with one thousand hundred donated money by public in Guizhou, China. Sichengers always make their goals to help people who needs help and they always did a good job. College students can also do something for welfare.I f we want to help, there are always a lot of chances.

没有评论:

发表评论